Guild News & Announcements

Moderators: Guild Master, Officer, News Team

Odinslayer <Former Guild Master> 111 Posts
Male Dwarf Paladin

My time away

Post by Odinslayer » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:44 pm

To my Fellow Cartellians,

For those who were wondering…

I want to send my apologies as life has truly overwhelmed me these past few months. I had a most difficult time constraint with my former employers and I rectified that. My son was born at the beginning of the month and it remains one of the most difficult times in my life as both he and my wife almost died. My father was taken to the ED on the other side of the state for heart failure on the day we were admitted to have the baby under emergency circumstances. Within 5 days we managed to get through it and discharged home. My father was discharged shortly after we were on the same day. As I was his primary healthcare guardian proxy etc…, I planned on getting up to see him shortly to figure out a plan for him. We managed to get up there with my son wrapped up in a cocoon to come with us. It was a Sunday afternoon. I stayed as long as I could with him that evening in his apartment. He was truly happy to see his youngest grandson. We went home exhausted and proceeded to figure out our sons schedule.

On Tuesday I received the call from the police that they found my Dad in his bed. He had been gone for the better part of 24 hours. It has been a tumultuous and heart rendering two weeks. This morning we laid his remains in keeping with his wishes with my Mom. Two of the greatest voices in my life are gone forever. I can only hope to teach my son about them.

My advice to you is dont hold back, listen to that voice in your head. Spend a few minutes more hugging tight those around you as tomorrow may be a different day.

-Odin

Honeybrown <Former Guild Master> 349 Posts
Female Human Warlock

Re: My time away

Post by Honeybrown » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:40 pm

I offer my condolences for the loss of your father, and my prayers for the returning strength/health of your wife and newborn son.

Captjaneway <Guest> 33 Posts
Druid

Post by Captjaneway » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:41 am

For sure. Sorry to hear that.

Garthon <Honored> 352 Posts
Male Dwarf Warrior

Post by Garthon » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:10 am

My condolences as well. HB couldn't have put it into better words.

Daryss <Officer> 192 Posts
Male Human Paladin

Post by Daryss » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:31 am

Life brings us the most heart wrenching moments, but also the most amazing and cherished moments as well.

Prayers and condolences for the passing of your father, but the most heartfelt of congratulations on being a father. you'll find noting else in life as demanding but equally as rewarding!

Kurgain <Honored> 68 Posts

Post by Kurgain » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:42 am

My prayers are with your father. He is now in a better place to help watch over your son. Be strong and if you need anything know that we are here for you in any capacity you need.

Annalese <Member> 2 Posts

Post by Annalese » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:34 pm

I too not long ago laid my mother to rest, Odin they are whole now and watch over us, my condolences and congratulations to the newest member in your family!

Damnarod <Officer> 180 Posts
Male Human Warrior

Post by Damnarod » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:36 pm

Odin, I am truly sorry for your loss. Gongrats on your child. As has been written many times our prayers are with you and yours. Real Life always comes first. Like so many before, we your Midnight family will always be here to offer you whatever support we can. Take care and come back when you can.

Daculo <Officer> 84 Posts
Male Human Priest

Post by Daculo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:01 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss. Don't rush back on our behalf do what you need to do, take all the time you need we'll be here.

Lilvyy <Officer> 31 Posts
Paladin

Post by Lilvyy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:14 am

So sorry to hear about this Odin. My best advice is to forget about your "responsibilities" in this game and go tend to your REAL responsibilities at home. HB and the rest of the officer crew will keep things under control and can keep the ship running smoothly until you feel that you can come back in some capacity. Hoping for a full recovery for your wife and son.