Hello from a Suburb of Boston

Guild News & Announcements

Moderators: Guild Master, Officer, News Team

Odinslayer <Former Guild Master> 111 Posts
Male Dwarf Paladin

Hello from a Suburb of Boston

Post by Odinslayer » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:08 am

Hi all,

just wanted to check in and see how everyone is. I recently finished up my second to last year for grad school. I just had a birthday, turned 46. I also just had a small tumor removed from my left parietal gland in my face. You should see the suture line. It goes from the top of my ear to half way down my throat. Also my Son just had his 4 month pediatrician checkup. Yep, its been an interesting month. I miss you all and someday soon I will be getting more into the game again. I am looking forward to meeting all the new recruits and sharing some zaniness...

Blame Drash

anyway, I am letting you know I am working on getting more time with everyone, unfortunately I work second shift, so it will be later in the night....

I am very proud of our officer core, especially my Guardians. For what you have done for this guild.... From the bottom of my heart thank you for all your hard work.

Im on day 4 of post op recovery, so the pain is excruciating. I have a few days off and will be house hunting (lol high as a kite). In between shit, Ill be stopping by the guild to meet and greet you all. If you have any questions or if there is an issue you want to talk with me about, doesnt have to be game related, please feel free to send a PM.

as always your friend (except for Drash, hes a turd)

-Odin

p.s. - FREE TB12

Damnarod <Officer> 180 Posts
Male Human Warrior

Re: Hello from a Suburb of Boston

Post by Damnarod » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:23 am

Just holding the tail on this dog till you get back. Besides HB does all the heavy lifting. I am glad to hear some things are going well for you. As always we will be here till you get back.

Damn

Daryss <Officer> 192 Posts
Male Human Paladin

Post by Daryss » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:32 am

Take it easy and speedy recovery, bossman!

Adric <Site Admin> 113 Posts
Male Kul Tiran Mage

Post by Adric » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:30 pm

get well soon!

Honeybrown <Former Guild Master> 349 Posts
Female Human Warlock

Post by Honeybrown » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:10 am

@ Odin:

Whiskey and a shot of horse tranquilizer will fix that "excruciating pain" you are complaining about, tough it out for a few days candy ass and the pain will be gone.... In all seriousness, I hope your recovery goes well. Good luck on the new house, sounds like a damn busy schedule for a family with a brand new baby in the crib. Don't stress too much, life has a way to bring back the light even in the darkest of moments.

Wish you the best, and thanks for the praise for the Guardians. The officer core is forming up pretty well, everybody contributes in their own way and I hope to see MC stay alive for more expansions to come. I still don't want to be the GM, so I guess you will have to find someone else for that spot if you decide to retire... Hopefully you have enough Guardians and Junior Officers to choose from if you ever decide to step down.

It amazes me the impact Addonis/Shaade has had on this guild, I haven't seen the man online in 3 years and still someone in trade/general chat asked about him a couple of days ago when I was spamming for new recruits.... That legacy still impresses me, long live Midnight Cartel!!!

Well, I should close for now....

P.S. I just bought a couple of new guns (a Savage Arms .308 bolt action rifle and a Glock G42 .380 Auto pistol) and also purchased scopes for my Marlin 30/30 and Ruger 10-22. I am trying fervently to find someone here in Missouri to let me test out these new additions on their property (closest gun range is over an hour away). Hopefully I can find someone soon that has the time (and willingness) to let me come out and shoot some rounds with them. Besides, deer season (and the Zombie Apocalypse) are coming soon, so I need to get these brand new fancy scopes and guns sighted in so I can feel better about my purchases; or at the very least justify that I bought them.

Later bud!

HB

Odinslayer <Former Guild Master> 111 Posts
Male Dwarf Paladin

Post by Odinslayer » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:01 pm

you know I have been meaning to look at prices for a repeater rifle. Ever since I watched the Rifleman I have wanted one.

I should send a pic of the drain I have in my neck right now candy ass....

Daculo <Officer> 84 Posts
Male Human Priest

Post by Daculo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:29 am

if you have to prove that you are not a candy ass then you probably are a candy ass ;) Get well soon CA.

Sargerik <Honored> 186 Posts
Druid

Post by Sargerik » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:47 pm

get well soon bossman , and i just love it when HB makes a post its never shorter than 3 paragraphs

Starfollowre <Guest> 16 Posts
Priest

Post by Starfollowre » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:07 pm

Hey Odin, Hope by this post you are healing and feeling much better. You sound busy but it sounds you are hanging in there and doing well. Hope to see you back soon you are missed.

Chryslliss <Honored> 4 Posts
Male Night Elf Hunter

Post by Chryslliss » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:59 am

Hey Boss Glad all is well and you on the recovery road!!! Get well and hurry back sir!