The Emerald Nightmare

Guild News & Announcements

Moderators: Guild Master, Officer, News Team

Adric <Site Admin> 113 Posts
Male Kul Tiran Mage

WoW: Legion The Emerald Nightmare

Post by Adric » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:18 pm

Launching on September 20, journey into the Emerald Nightmare to defeat Xavius and save the Emerald Dream! Learn more about the newest raid, and some of the lore behind it on the Official Site!
Attachments
Portal-Images.jpg
Portal-Images.jpg (37.46 KiB) Viewed 6475 times

Honeybrown <Former Guild Master> 349 Posts
Female Human Warlock

Re: The Emerald Nightmare

Post by Honeybrown » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:56 am

Wait.........

There are raids in addition to the endless world quests and crappy dungeon gear drops???

I am not prepared for this yet!!! How in the hell am I going to reach that 850 ilvl requirement I have heard about for the MC raid?

I think the answer is to work your butt off and then do your best to get as close as you can to that item level. If you don't quite meet the iLvl requirement stated in the raid posts, but are close, then hopefully there will be some leniency...

If not, what is the secret to power up that iLvl to 850 fast MC officers? Please let me know, I might be in the same boat as others concerned come two weeks from now because of my work schedule... I am 833 currently, can I reach that goal October 4? Let me know your thoughts please, others I have spoken to are concerned as well...

HB

Sargerik <Honored> 186 Posts
Druid

Post by Sargerik » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:16 am

im in the same boat as you HB as my RNGESUS has as always foresaken me and im sitting around 840 ilvl and i do mythics as well as WQ and heroics so maybe lfr can help bridge the gap ......ugh lfr

Galaar <Guest> 596 Posts
Male Dwarf Hunter

Post by Galaar » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:22 pm

Let's put it this way: I'm at 847 right now and I don't really care about making 850. While we said 850 is the target if you're close that'll be good enough. We have 2 full weeks before our raid starts into nightmare so you have some time. Here are a few things you can do if you have gaps in your gear:

1. Crafted Gear + Obliterum - some of the crafted gear can be expensive but remember that the rings have a prismatic slot so they can be BiS for some classes. If you need help, ASK FOR IT. I'd be more then willing to farm some leather/scales to obliterate and get your gear up.

2. Get a mythic dungeon group together - one of the biggest issues I have with our guild is that everyone seems to be loners. Stop it! We've been averaging 20-30 people online every night so if you cannot get a 5 man going you're not trying hard enough. Again, ASK FOR HELP. If no one responds then let me or and officer know if you feel ignored. We'll figure it out. We cannot force people to party but we can help locate others that need help.

3. Get world quest groups going - trust me, they can be lonely as hell doing solo. So why do that? Get some guildies together in guild chat and start doing them! Take a look at the map and see if there are any gear rewards or relics.

Please don't hesitate to ask for help. If I'm online then whisper me if you have questions.

Sargerik <Honored> 186 Posts
Druid

Post by Sargerik » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:53 pm

Sooo if im reading this right and i think i am ,what your saying is ASK FOR HELP if its needed....

Daryss <Officer> 192 Posts
Male Human Paladin

Post by Daryss » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:01 pm

Are we starting with Heroic? I ask because I thought that the gear that drops from Normal Nightmare is 850, which would make no sense to get to 850 before we raid.

Galaar <Guest> 596 Posts
Male Dwarf Hunter

Post by Galaar » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:25 pm

The goal is to start with heroic.

Schweizer <Member> 7 Posts
Female Pandaren Priest

Post by Schweizer » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:58 am

Galaar already said most of the main ways to gear. I would stress asking around to see if people can make and upgrade gear for you. The crafted gear goes to 850 plus completing your order hall campaign and upgrading the class set can get you a full set of 840 gear which is a start at least. Doing heroics and puging mythics sounds hard but it's really not most of the people running mythics/heroics are geared enough to where if you don't have a super high ilvl they will usually carry you anyways and it gives you chances at a legendary for you class droping with is an 895 ilvl item which will skyrocket your ilvl. A lot of my gear came from Warforged/Titanforged items from World Quests. So if RNJesus shines down apon you then that's another good way.

And as someone who ran a good 90% of Emerald Nightmare today on normal and attempted the first boss on heroic. I would say 845ish is around the minimum. Most everyone in my raid group was very experienced with their class and had high ilvls (848-855ish area) we struggled quite a bit. The trash is quite brutal even more so that I experienced in the beta and the boss fights are somewhat unforgiving. It could be because of the group I was with also but that's just my 2 cents from what I did today.

Honeybrown <Former Guild Master> 349 Posts
Female Human Warlock

Post by Honeybrown » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:38 am

I have crafted one piece of gear (boots) and boosted them to 850. I might check with guildies when I get back Thursday to see about crafting rings. I am still in the process of completing the class order campaign, on quest 3/5 on the Firelands missions, so hopefully that will be done soon (I use the Legion Companion App to do those missions when out of town).

Not sure if my schedule links up with others that are willing to run mythics, but I have pugged a bunch of heroic dungeons and don't mind using the dungeon finder to do them. The drops though have been slow, hoping for a Frost Artififact gem to drop that is 830+ ilvl or maybe a world quest will spawn that drops one. Anyway, thanks for the insight...

HB

Galaar <Guest> 596 Posts
Male Dwarf Hunter

Post by Galaar » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:25 pm

I know we had 2 groups running last night for mythics. I went ahead and scheduled some with people I know wanted to do them. One of the bigger problems in guild is the amount of tanks but I know there are some (Zagen comes to mind) that would probably love to get involved more.