Guild News & Announcements

Moderators: Guild Master, Officer, News Team

Odinslayer <Former Guild Master> 111 Posts
Male Dwarf Paladin

Unto Ragnarok...Goodbye my Friends

Post by Odinslayer » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:46 pm

Thus in your field my seed of harvestry will thrive,
For the fruit is like me that I set
God bids me tend it with good husbandry, this is the end for which we twain are met
First off, this is not a good bye; this is just a changing of the seasons.

I have been the guild master for a while now and it was never something I wished or desired. I took the job because there needed to be a strong central voice for the guild, and …and now the guild needs a voice again. Life has a way of sneaking up on you and absolutely demanding all your time and energy. I am stepping away for many reasons, mostly because the position needs to be an active one just like all the other officers positions. I wouldn’t be a good leader if I didn’t follow my own rules; therefore I would like to thank all of you for the past two years and many years before that as an officer and guild member.

Thank you for all your wisdom, constant discipline, loyalty, and inspiration to this guild and to me. It is with a heavy heart I am tendering my resignation. As of today 11/29/16, I will be passing the baton and chair to a new guild master. He was heavily favored by all the officers including myself to succeed me. I am so very glad he is stepping up. I would ask all of you to support him as he takes the guild into the future. He has been a sound counsel for me and others and I know he will do well for you my fellow guild members. I have faith in him as should you all. I will let him make his own announcement as I don’t want to spoil the surprise.

My fellow Guardian….the guild is yours. Happy Hunting!!!
Farewell to thee, farewell to thee
Thou charming one who dwells in shaded bowers
One fond embrace ere I depart
Until we meet again.
-Odinslayer

Honeybrown <Former Guild Master> 349 Posts
Female Human Warlock

Re: Unto Ragnarok...Goodbye my Friends

Post by Honeybrown » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:12 pm

Thank you Odinslayer. It has been a pleasure serving with you my friend!

As many already know, I have stepped up to the throne for the next reign. I will be no less of a king than Edward I (Longshanks), and no more of a king than Arthur. More than likely, I will not be a king at all... Either way, I look forward to serving with you and for you, and hopefully we can grow this guild and provide more options (raiding, PvP, pet battles, whatever else) for the player base.

There will be some people removed from the roster that have not been online in many years, if they are interested in re-joining Midnight Cartel they will need to re-app to illustrate they are concerned and interested. We have a very large roster of inactives, and it is not necessary to keep them if they never even log in every year or two...

You will see more posts to come once we start devising a more proactive plan. Thank you all for your patience and continued contributions to our guild.

HB

Lilvyy <Officer> 31 Posts
Paladin

Post by Lilvyy » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:51 am

Thanks for everything you have done Odin! You will be missed. Take care and I am sure we will meet again!

Sargerik <Honored> 186 Posts
Druid

Post by Sargerik » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:45 pm

This has sadend me to see another staple of MC walk away , i know RL always comes 1st but you will be missed and never replaced

Daryss <Officer> 192 Posts
Male Human Paladin

Post by Daryss » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:23 am

Fairwinds and following seas, brother :(

VJP <Member> 19 Posts
Paladin

Post by VJP » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:43 am

Thank you to both of you for the past and the future!

Ariom <Member> 5 Posts
Druid

Post by Ariom » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:06 pm

Thanks for all you have done Odin, and I can't wait to give HB a hard time!!

Chelseabeth <Member> 17 Posts
Female Night Elf Druid

Post by Chelseabeth » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:47 pm

Until we talk again my friend. Live long and prosper!